Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Tight Red Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. How are you? I thought this orange-red dress was a great color for Autumn. It would match the Fall foliage. And a skirt would be great for the heatwave we are having in the D.C. area. 
This dress was too tight and a little long on me. 


I decided to remove the top of the dress since that was where the fit was too tight. The waist fit well so I made a waistband. I just folded the fabric in and under and stitched it down. The buttons in the center open so the skirt can be put on and off. 


I twisted the skirt around and put the buttons in the back. It makes the front of the dress simpler and cleaner.  I never shortened the skirt because it fit my tall daughter so well. I gave it to her. It was a much better length for her. 


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and detail go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

whatthesew said...

The colour of this dress is lovely and it looks good as a longer length skirt. Lucky the buttons gave you a ready made fastening.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks whatthesew. I was happy I could use the buttons as my fastening too.
Chickie