Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Wearing My Heart on My Sleeve

Hello Refashion Co-op. Happy Valentine's Day. I wanted to make something with a valentine theme but I didn't want something so crazy and over the top that I couldn't wear it at other times of the year. I decided that some heart shaped elbow patches would be just the thing. They would make this wool jacket more fun and they would be perfect for the holiday too.


My sister-in-law gave me this jacket. She had washed it and it didn't turn out very well. It shrank and it got very rumpled. I started by ironing it. It was thick and I just ironed it the best I could.


I cut out 2 heart shapes and hand sewed them onto the sleeves. I had already tried the jacket on to see where my elbows would be, so the hearts were in the right spot.


I made the jacket a little more fitted so it would look more flattering and less bulky. The elbow patches really stand out on the sleeves.


I found these red velvet jeans at a clothes swap. I didn't know I needed them until I saw them. Red velvet? Yes, please. I made them a little smaller and a little shorter.


They red jeans are perfect for Valentine's Day or any other day.


Thanks for reading this post, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

3 comments:

Maria said...

You seem to have mastered refashioning...I'd like to see you make a pattern from scratch even if it's using recycled material...I think you would excel at it and I would like to read about it!

I Can Work With That said...

I will think about it Maria. I haven't sewn from a pattern in about 20 years.
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

How cute! Awesome job!

-TheRefashStash