Friday, March 02, 2018

The Lace Vest

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have been wanting a lacey vest and I decided to try and make one for myself. I used this dress for material.
 
 
I cut the lace skirt off the dress and I also cut the waist tie/sash off as well.

 
I connected the 2 halves together and I had a l-o-n-g piece of lace. I am going to use it later.
 
 
Here is the skirt. It had a 4-pointed handkerchief hem. I spread it out and decided to fold the fabric over on itself. I stitched it down at the top. Those 2 pleats are going to be the back of the vest. 
 

I attached the long piece/sash to the top of the vest as a collar of sorts.

 
The collar comes down the front of each side. It was an easy way to finish the raw edges of the vest. It also added a little fabric to the front and made the vest more full and flowy.
 
 
I added armholes into the side seams and I was done. It looks a little like batwings when I hold it out like this.

 
Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

whatthesew said...

I like this, seems to hang nicely and the collar looks neat.

Valerie said...

I really like it!